To All of Our Patients and their Families, (and New Patients!)
We hope that you are all in good health and spirits, and that you have successfully adapted to our sudden new lifestyle! We are happy to say that we are booking appointments to resume all routine dental treatment, and most importantly, want to reassure you that you will all be safe here.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice,
as you have seen during previous visits, and our infection control processes have been set up so that when you receive care here, it’s both safe and comfortable.
Our office has always followed infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current, and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
I am always closely following the latest COVID-19 research and data, so as well as following the current standards, we have added the following measures in addition to wearing all necessary personal protective equipment (PPE):
1) Throughout the office we have installed air sanitation units with HEPA filtration and ultraviolet C light (UV-C) which kills viruses instantly.
2) We have modified our HVAC (air conditioning and heat) from a recirculating system to fresh air intake only, so that air in the entire office is 100% fresh, with no recirculated air. It’s like being outdoors only without the heat, humidity, cold, or dampness.
3) In the treatment rooms we've installed exhaust fans which replace the air in the room in 4-5 minutes with fresh, filtered outdoor air. So typically, by the time your appointment is complete, the air in the room will have been replaced by fresh air a dozen times over!
4) We are generating on site, a safe and natural, highly virocidal, non-toxic,
FDA approved. hospital-grade disinfectant called hypochlorous acid and
fogging the air and surfaces in the office between every patient. No matter what time of the day your appointment is, every patient will have a "first patient of the day" safe experience.
5) During treatment, we are now using a high speed, extra-oral
(outside and right next to your mouth) suction system, also with
HEPA filtration and UV-C light sterilization, in order to immediately capture
any aerosols generated by your procedure.
With these measures (and more not even mentioned here), we reassure you that your health and safety are our top priority in addition to continuing to deliver the best possible dental care!
We look forward to seeing you again, and if you have any further questions
about our new protocol, just give us a call!
Robert Glisci, DDS, MS (Immunology), PC